“Forever Fearless”, forever without fear. This is the slogan that accompanies the official movie of the renewed Kawasaki ZX-10R, working on the track in the hands of Tom Sykes, certainly claim a right to quality of super Akashi, and equally certainly a bit ‘pompous given the nature of the updates planned for on my 2014.
It is true that the ZX is already at the top for technical-technological, and current state would become slightly complicated ask for more, but after seeing the myriad of updates, that Kawasaki has made to the 2014’s my ZX1000SX , someone might feel a little bitter taste in the mouth, noting that changes to R are only cosmetic in nature and, perhaps, in the setting change of some component, as though not sure. An example is the electronic compartment of ABS and TCS or the steering damper, or logical mapping of the engine control unit.
What is certain however, is the change to the layout of the livery, which is found mainly in an increase of the color black in the front of the fairing, a trend already implemented on the SX, the most significant is the presence of a new color, the silver, a very unusual color on a super, and that usually connotes more elegance that determination. To evaluate live.
The evolution of the 2013 model is on the chassis. The appearance of the steering damper signed Olhins. It is electronic and automatically adjust resistance to your way of driving. And better control of the machine that keeps ZX-10R as the previous vintage S-KTRC (Traction Control) available in 3 modes and switched off the ABS also called KIBS (Kawasaki Intelligent anti-lock Brake System) agrees to the way you drive and the engine also three modes of low (limited power) to full (full power). The front fork / rear are fully adjustable (rebound, compression, preload). As for braking, no surprise there remains in the radial.
For the most advanced of you about the position of the saddle, you should know that the footrests are adjustable in two positions, power modes are set directly on the handlebar grips and instrumentions is rather simple to use and well lit (you can adjust).
At the time, Kawasaki has not yet issued the price of the new edition of the ZX-10R, let’s call it even with his nom de guerre, Ninja, that even today, after many years, is one of the most beautiful and appropriate epithets, that have ever been chosen for a motor vehicle, nor the end of the beginning commercialization.
Technical Kawasaki ZX-10R 2013
- Engine: 4 cylinders in line, 4-stroke engine
- Displacement cc: 998 cc
- Maximum power: 106hp 78.2kW / 12,500 rev / min
- Maximum torque: 78 Nm / 5200 rpm / min
- Bore x stroke: 76.0 x 55.0 mm
- Compression ratio: 13.0:1
- Distribution: ACT 2, 16 valves
- Supply Type: injection: 47 mm x 4 (Keihin) with oval sub-throttle valve, dual injectors
- Ignition: electronic
- Starter: Electric
- Lubrication: pressure, wet sump with radiator
- Transmission: 6-speed
- Final transmission: Chain seals
- Clutch: in oil bath, manual
- Framework: A beam split, cast aluminum
- Rake / Trail: 25 ° / 107 mm
- Front wheel travel: 120 mm
- Rear Travel: 140 mm
- Front tire: 120/70ZR17M/C (58W)
- Rear tire: 190/55ZR17M/C (75W)
- Angle left / right circle: 27 ° / 27 °
- Front Suspension: 43mm inverted fork, adjustable compression and rebound damping, adjustable spring preload and additional
- Rear Suspension: horizontal damper (back-link) and gas spring high compression technology, two speed settings for fast and slow compression Relaxation: fully adjustable spring preload
- Front brakes: Double disc semi-floating 310mm petal, fret 10 aluminum studs. Bracket: Two radial-mount calipers and four opposed pistons (aluminum)
- Rear brake: Single petal disc 220 mm Bracket: single piston floating caliper aluminum
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 2075 x 715 x 1115 mm
- Wheelbase: 1,425 mm
- Ground clearance: 135 mm
- Seat Height: 813 mm
- Tank: 17 liters
- Kerb Weight: 198 kg / 201 kg (ABS)
- Standard Version: 16 199 Euros
- ABS version: 17,199 Euros