BMW R 1200 GS Adventure, BMW Motorrad follows on from the success story of the great models with GS boxer engine. In 2005, BMW Motorrad, the manufacturer of large displacement enduro trip the most successful in the world, has placed on the market the big GS Adventure as the top model to deal with travel to distant lands.
The BMW R 1200 GS Adventure accompanies the motorcycle adventurer in the remotest corners of the world and does not give up even when others are resigned to go back.
The BMW R 1200 GS Adventure as a Partner of Trips and Expeditions
The new R 1200 GS Adventure continues this tradition. Starting from the dynamic character and high competence of the R 1200 GS in off-road driving and tourism, the R 1200 GS Adventure is positioned as the new top of the range for touring riders with a penchant for off-road driving, for globe -trotter and for enduro riders who like to travel.
The new BMW R 1200 GS Adventure relies on the characteristic of the R 1200 GS Boxer air-cooled and water, the displacement of 1170 cc and power of 92 kW (125 hp), available at 7750 r / min. The main peculiarity of the engine developed from scratch for the R 1200 GS and introduced last year is precision cooling where oil has been replaced by water as liquid cryogen. Another innovation is that the vertical flow of the coolant through the engine that provides increased performance and the six-speed gearbox with clutch in oil bath integrated in the crankcase of the engine. To further improve the driveability of the new R 1200 GS Adventure, especially on the dirt road, the engine was equipped with 950 grams of additional flywheel mass and a further damping of vibrations in the drive train.
Concepts, Techniques and Equipment for Maximum Suitability to Deal with Travel to Distant Lands
In the segment of large travel enduro bikes the big BMW GS Adventure is considered an absolute reference point and is the first choice for globetrotters traveling to distant destinations and reaches the far corners of our land. Regardless of whether it is along paved roads, gravel tracks or dirt roads, the big GS Adventure brings its occupants in a reliable way to the goal. For BMW Motorrad commitment and the goal was to perfect the new R 1200 GS Adventure from all points of view.
Like the BMW R 1200 GS Adventure model also relies on robust twin-spar steel frame with high torsional strength. Greater autonomy is ensured by the increased volume of the tank (30 liters + 10 liters compared to the R 1200 GS). Furthermore, the shell is made of lightweight aluminum. Even in the standard version of the R 1200 GS Adventure is equipped with ABS, Automatic Stability Control ASC (Automatic Stability Control) and the two driving modes “Rain” and “Road” that allow you to adapt the characteristics of the bike to almost all road conditions. This greatly expands the range of use of the new R 1200 GS Adventure, while offering a sharp increase safety, especially on slippery surfaces.
The optional “Driving Mode Pro” allows you to sort three driving modes that provide additional options “ABS Enduro” and “Enduro ASC” for engaging in off-road. Thanks to the three driving modes additional “Dynamic”, “Enduro” and “Enduro Pro” (activated by a coded plug), the pilot can adjust the settings of the ASC, ABS and, if available, also semi-active suspension Dynamic ESA (Electronic Suspension Adjustment) according to the particularities of the year off-road.
The new BMW R 1200 GS Adventure emphasizes its capability to deal with trips around the world and their own superior skills in the off-road segment through both the design of the fairing more masculine than through a new setting of the chassis with an excursion increased by 20 mm, in addition, the higher ground clearance and a modified geometry of the longitudinal arm further improve the handling of the motorcycle. The windshield larger, comfortably with the adjustable hand wheel, baffles additional (“flap”) and hand guards is significantly improved protection against wind and weather. The large enduro footrests, brake pedals and reinforced sections of the fairing designed completely from scratch complete the picture of the new R 1200 GS Adventure.
Highlights of the new BMW R 1200 GS Adventure:
- Application of the versatile concept of the R 1200 GS with powerful and distinctive twin-cylinder Boxer engine and chassis agile, accompanied by an increase in off-road competence and suitability to deal with travel to distant lands.
- Increased flywheel of the engine and vibration damper extra for greater flexibility and better driveability.
- Travel, front and rear extended by 20 millimeters compared to the R 1200 GS.
- Increase in ground clearance by 10 millimeters compared to previous model.
- Modified geometry of the longitudinal arm to further improve handling.
- Sections of the fairing designed completely from scratch in a decidedly rugged and masculine, typical of the GS Adventure.
- Tank volume of 30 liters and autonomy comparable to that of the previous model.
- ABS, ASC and two driving modes as standard.
- Three driving modes can be supplied as an optional extra.
- Semi-active suspension Dynamic ESA (Electronic Suspension Adjustment) as an option.
- Most comfortable seat, adjustable tilt.
- Great adjustable windshield and deflectors (“flap”).
- Wide enduro footrests.
- Foot pedals adjustable and reinforced.
- Sturdy brackets and paramotor Tank Pad.
- Wide range of original accessories and optional.